Imagine my surprise when a total stranger from Czech Republic landed on my blog posts and included my blog in her Liebster Award nominations.
Being so sheltered, I admit to Googling that award. Turns out I learned something.
The Liebster Award is recognition, and maybe encouragement, for upcoming bloggers. It helps other bloggers find, recognize and encourage fellow bloggers.
Well, thank you Ivana. I am honored to accept this award. Thank you for introducing me to this award as well.
For all readers, please check out Ivana’s very creative blog at http://vikaherbs.wordpress.com where she blogs about herbs, shows her beautiful drawings and talks about life in general.
The rules of this award are:
- Acknowledge the blog (and blogger) who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those 11 blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
To receive this award Ivana gave me some personal questions to answer, which I will do now.
- Coffee or tea? And which one? Tea! Herbal or rooibos.
- City or wilderness and why? Wilderness, or country I think what’s meant…I’d die in the city from claustrophobia.
- Cat or dog? Dog, I don’t trust cats.
- Book or TV? A good book any day. My favorite used to be a good novel, today I mostly read about herbs, how-to DIY, homesteading, animal husbandry, and to challenge my mind I like reading about astrology, spirituality and alternative health practices and remedies.
- Summer or winter for holiday? Winter…to go someplace warm, anything to escape the snow belt.
- Running or walking? Walking.
- What ice cream do you love if any? Homemade vanilla ice-cream made with 100% fresh cream…the best dessert!
- What is your favorite fruit or vegetable? Cherries.
- What is your favorite activity for leisure time? Reading.
- Do you play an instrument? Which one? YES!!! I’ve been playing piano for almost 40 years….wish I had more time to play.
- Are you satisfied with the location of the world where do you live? Fifty-fifty. I love my summers, hot weather, lots of water and land, no dangerous spiders and snakes, no bugs or bears. Winter is harder to take…too much darn snow here.
The random eleven (facts about myself):
- I’m a transplant, raised in Europe, set loose in Canada.
- I’m crazy about gardening, if I put a comfy chair in there I may never come out (until it gets cold again that is).
- Everything that entails “farm-life” sucks me in. I’m sunk.
- I’m a chocoholic.
- I love to read, write and play piano.
- I like to cook, bake and preserve.
- I’ve been married to a fellow Aquarian for 25 years.
- Whenever I need to deal with issues of an emotional origin I do so by writing about them.
- I crave community, yet love being by myself.
- I am an optimist, for me the glass is always half full.
- Sometimes I wish to have continued my musical education instead…..
Now I have 11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
- Why do you blog?
- What’s your favorite topic to read about?
- What was high-school like for you?
- Are you still working today in the field you first chose as a young adult?
- Do you have kids? If yes, what are their ages?
- What was your favorite vacation or get-away weekend?
- Where (location) do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Have you had any of your writings published?
- Do you write besides blogging?
- Are you a health nut?
- What is your favorite musical instrument and do you play it?
Now to nominate 11 bloggers….nope, sorry. The old rules call for nominating 3 bloggers, this suits my busy lifestyle much better. I have other things to do than find 11 new blogs, then emailing each one personally, I hope you’ll forgive me.
- Blueberry Hills Farm @ https://blueberryhillsfarm.wordpress.com/
- Living a Sustainable Dream @ https://livingasustainabledream.com/
- Homesteading 101 @ https://homesteading101.net/